As a small business, I still personally pack and ship each and every order. Each garment is inspected by me one last time, steamed, folded, and carefully wrapped. My hope is that when you open it, it feels like opening a gift.
Of course, as a sustainable brand, it matters how your garment is packed for delivery. I use more eco-friendly and recyclable supplies and am always on the search for better options and packing materials as they become available. Below are just a few details that go into the packing of your order from Mien Studios:
- Garments are never individually bagged in plastic, saving a lot of plastic bags every year.
- The tissue paper used is made of 100% recycled paper.
- All shipping boxes are recyclable and reusable.
- Shipping pouches used are made of recycled post-consumer plastic.
- Paper packing slips are not included, instead you receive a shareable and giftable postcard printed on recycled paper using eco-ink.
- The ribbons used to tie your order items together are rescued from deadstock.
- We don't offer express overnight shipping which requires airmail for virtually all packages. Instead, all orders ship via the most economical and efficient delivery method the mail carrier suggests.
- Our postcards marketing materials are printed with a local printer using vegetable based inks with low VOC emissions and paper options that contain up to 55% post-consumer recycled content.
Your packages always arrive neatly packed and if it's a gift, just add a paper bag and it's ready to go. As Mien Studios grow, I'll continue to improve every aspect of the brand's sustainability mission, while making sure it's an enjoyable experience every time your order arrives.